- Wolf Trap Teacher Artist Training, Wolf Trap Education Learning Center
- Music Together Teacher Training, Center for Music and Young Children
- Howard University
- Kennedy Center’s Teaching Artist Present (TAP)
- Music Director for Educational Theatre Company (ETC)
- Grammy nominated Music Producer
- Music Together Teacher
- Songwriting workshops for children grades 2-6
- Music and Movement Teacher at various schools, grades Pre-K through early elementary
- Freelance abstract art teacher for grades Pre-K through early elementary
About the Artist/Ensemble
Groovy Nate® is a children’s entertainer who creates fun and educational shows using funky grooves, exotic musical instruments, and comedy— a la Sesame Street meets Parliament/Funkadelic. He is also a GRAMMY NOMINATED ARTIST WITH THE ONE TRIBE COLLECTIVE. Groovy Nate’s shows encourage children and adults to move, sing, and play creatively with one another.
For the past twelve years, Groovy Nate’s groovy classes and workshops are drawing families and educators in the DMV area to return over and over again to enjoy the interactivity in every class. Additionally, Groovy Nate has held online songwriting classes in the DMV area and New York City, and has worked at Music Director for Educational Theatre Company (ETC) based in Arlington, VA. Lastly, Groovy Nate has also worked with Wolf Trap, Workhouse Arts, and the Kennedy Center doing Teaching Artist residencies in the DMV.
Educational Program Description
Groovy Nate’s Fun in FUNk Music Movement Experience
Participants will take an imaginary field trip with Groovy Nate on a “club-hopping” musical journey filled with funky grooves that entertain and educate! Get ready to groove, shake, and have fun with a delightful blend of energetic beats and creative movement! Groovy Nate will lead you through a variety of funky and engaging rhythms that will have you moving and grooving in no time! Pre-K to 2nd Grade.
Inside the Music: Meet Groovy Nate Teacher Training
Children’s entertainer, Groovy Nate, takes educators on an inside exploration of his music. In this workshop, we break free from conventional boundaries and
explore innovative teaching techniques through the lens of funk and creativity. Here’s a taste of what you can expect:
- Teachers are introduced to different genres of music that appear in his music: Funk, Reggae, Techno, Hip-Hop, and Go-Go.
- Use Groovy Nate’s songs as teaching tools by altering the lyrics to fit curriculum standards (to include, but not limited to, making rhymes, teaching shapes, STEM standards of learning).
- Discover how incorporating music, songwriting, rhythmic chants, and creative movement can engage students and enhance their learning experience.
Groovy Classic Tales Production
- Participants will explore music, movement and imaginative play to create and perform an age and skill appropriate production of a classic children’s story.
- Children will create funky chants, play percussion instruments, use props, and costumes to produce a comical rendition of a classic tale with a child inspired alternative ending.
- Tales include but not limited to: The Ginger Bread Man, Jack and the Beanstalk, and the 3 Little Pigs. Grades Kindergarten to 3rd Grade.
For pricing information, contact Groovy Nate at email@example.com
- Elementary Students