About the Artist/Ensemble
Founded in 1997 under the direction of Ana Ines King, a native of Colombia, S.A. It is dedicated to creating and strengthening connections to Hispanic/Latino American cultures through innovative and immersive dance-inspired education and performances.
The Latin Ballet of Virginia is guided by its mission to “enrich and connect communities through cultural Latin dance experiences with a commitment to education, diversity, and accessibility.” The company fulfills this mission by increasing access to the arts for low-income families; providing culturally diverse performances and classes; helping prepare at-risk Hispanic and minority children for success; and touring our professional performances and educational programs internationally, nationally, and locally.
- Alma Latina (Latin Soul): Roots/traditions of Hispano American culture.
- Legend of the Poinsettia: Hispanic Holiday traditions.
- El Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead): Mexican celebration of Life!
- NuYoRican: Puerto Ricans life and history.
- Fiesta del SOL: Culture and traditions of the Caribbean.
- POEMAS: Poetry in motion.
- Pasión de POE: Life and poetry of Edgar Allan Poe.
All programs are adapted to the age, needs, and level of the student group. For more repertoire information and work samples visit: http://www.latinballet.com/repertoire/
Negotiable for all services; a permanent stage no smaller than 30′ x 24′ is required for repertory performances; contact the ensemble for more information.
- Spanish through Dance, Hispanic language/culture
- Dance as Therapy, special-needs children
- ESL through Dance, assimilating international children/families
- EveryBody Reads! literacy program. All programs meet SOL standards.
- Dance Theater Productions – Repertory Performance – $4,500 – $10,000
(Depending on production version and quantity of performers)
- Lecture Demonstration: From $1,500 – $3,000
(Depending on the quantity of artists involved)
- School wide performance by the students: $1,500
- School wide performance by the students/Lecture demonstration: $2,000
- Workshop: From $120-$200
(Depending on the number of students and instructors involved)
- Residency: From $4,000 ($400 per day)
$6,000 ($400 per day and Lecture Demonstration included)
Fees are negotiable depending upon the size and scope of the service, the number of artists, live-recorded music, students and instructors involved and the needs and budget of the presenter. Fees do not include accommodation expenses.
- All Ages