- MFA, playwriting UVA
- BFA, acting, VCU
- NYC; Michael Moriarty Acting Studio; Hal Holden with HB Studios; Ruth Nerkin at Actors In Advertising; Rob Spera with Actors Theatre of Louisville
- Playwriting workshops/mentoring with; Maria Irene Fornes, Doug Grissom, Tom Ziegler
- Voice; Mark Planner, Eric Diamond, Wynn Creasy
- Dance/movement; ballet, modern, tap
- Stage Combat/fencing; Joseph Daily, Drew Fracher, Colleen Kelly
- Yoga; various
- Arts Integration; NC A+ School Program, Kennedy Center for the Arts
- Intimacy Director
About the Artist/Ensemble
Lucinda is a playwright, intimacy director, actor, deviser, musician. Trained in all arts including dance and visual arts, she is a distinctive teaching artist who can facilitate unique connections particularly through Arts Integration. As a facilitator of Devised Work, she has worked with K-12, college students, and professionals to create original performances. Lucinda has developed a structure of devising that encompasses research, writing, acting, group improvisation, and physical theatre. She takes great joy in making sure that the student artist retains ownership over their creation while developing their process. Her workshops are inclusive, safe zones where respect is paramount. Lucinda leads a process for group feedback that is responsible and nurturing.
Lucinda trained in NYC at famed HB Studios, and with award winning actor Michael Moriarty. Her MFA is in playwriting from UVA, BFA in acting from VCU. She trained with the Kennedy Center, North Carolina’s A+ Schools in Arts Integration, and worked with the organization as an A+ Teaching Fellow. Lucinda’s professional development is ongoing.
- Certified in Mental Health First Aid for Youth and Adult
- Certified Transgender Ally/Advocate Training through the Transgender Training Institute
- Trained in Trauma Informed Workplace Practice
- Trained in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion practices for safe and brave spaces
Educational Program Description
Customized to your needs; Intensives,101s, intermediate, and master courses are available in playwriting, acting (all levels with a specialization in method combined with breath technique), devising (the creation of original group performance), improv, and directing. Arts Integrated workshops can be collaboratively tailored with instructors for integrating theatre into non-art subjects, thus providing opportunity to share techniques which can be used in the classroom beyond residency. Lucinda will tailor workshops based on need, age/experience of participants, number of attendees and desired length and duration. She is available for one-on-one coaching and consulting for the above disciplines, in arts integration, or on issues concerning equality, inclusion, and diversity in classes, programs, and rehearsal halls.
- All Ages