The Virginia Commission for the Arts (VCA) announces an investment of over $5.5 million into the arts ecosystem across the Commonwealth of Virginia for FY24.
“It is the distinct honor of the Commonwealth of Virginia to recognize the organizations and initiatives positively impacting Virginia through the arts,” said Virginia Commission for the Arts Executive Director Margaret Hancock. “We value the multitude of ways the arts elevate the education, expression, healing, collaboration, and creativity that define a vibrant Virginia – and our grants help to fuel and strengthen these contributions across the state.”
Grant allocations for FY24 feature:
- 153 General Operating Support Grants, bolstering Medium and Large Arts Organizations to continue, strengthen, and expand arts experiences that benefit all Virginians
• 76 Operating Support Grants for Small Organizations; new this fiscal year to increase support for small and emerging arts organizations central to the vibrancy of Virginia’s communities
• 117 Creative Community Partnership Grants, catalyzing matching funds exceeding $5.4 million from localities and providing funding for more than 250 arts organizations
• 21 Community Impact Grants, igniting new and innovative art-based projects or services that reach and impact communities
• 18 Education Impact Grants, providing opportunities for Virginia’s students, educators, and other adult populations to participate in and learn through the arts
In addition to these grants, the VCA awards an additional 200+ grants throughout the fiscal year through its Virginia Touring and Arts in Practice grant programs. Accepting applications on a rolling basis until December 1 and April 15, respectively, these grants extend extraordinary opportunities for state-supported arts programming in every corner of the Commonwealth. Further details on these grants and other VCA programs, including the VCA’s Touring Artist Roster and Teaching Artist Roster, can be found on the VCA’s website. The VCA encourages all nonprofits advancing a vibrant Virginia to consider and apply for a VCA grant.
About the Virginia Commission for the Arts
The Virginia Commission for the Arts, established in 1968, is the state agency dedicated to investing in the arts across the Commonwealth of Virginia. The VCA fulfills its mission through funding from the Virginia General Assembly and the National Endowment for the Arts, distributing grant awards to Virginia artists; arts organizations; educational institutions; nonprofit organizations; educators; and local and tribal governments. Its rigorous grant review process is enhanced by Advisory Panels composed of knowledgeable individuals with diverse expertise in artistic disciplines, arts management, and community engagement. More than 70 individuals have generously contributed their time and insights to the FY24 grant review process.
For more information about the Virginia Commission for the Arts, visit www.vca.virginia.gov. Artists, organizations, and interested members of the public are invited to follow the VCA on Instagram @virginiaarts, and subscribe to the Virginia Commission for the Arts Newsletter for the latest news and opportunities.